'Ecological Health: Society, Ecology and Health' is due to make an important contribution to intellectual conversations that are firmly linking the natural world (including awareness of its ecological systems and services) and the health and well-being of wild and domestic animals with work attending to the social dimensions of health, illness, disease, and health care service and research. Given the range of contributions to this text, a unique commonality will be that each person is working on their issues in the nexus between the social, the ecological and human and animal health.
Publishing Dates and Deadlines:
- 07 January 2013 - Full first drafts of the chapters are due to the editor.
- 28 January 2013 - Editor will send back comments on the first draft by or before this date.
- 04 March 2013 – Authors to submit draft two of their chapters. (please also include an anonymous version on this date).
- 08 March 2013 – Anonymous versions of each chapter will be sent out to peer editors. Each author will review one chapter only.
- 25 March 2013 – Peer reviews due back to editor.
- 31 March 2013 – Editor will send peer reviews and final editorial comments to authors.
- 15 April 2013 – Authors send editor third and final draft for inclusion text, including all citations, figures, acknowledgements and notes.
- May 2013 – The text will now be in the Emerald Copy Editing process and when your proofs are sent you will have up to 7 days to complete your final proofs, which should be minimal at this stage.
- Early submissions are warmly welcomed.
Chapter Length and Formatting:
- The length of each paper can be a maximum of 7,500 words total which includes all notes, acknowledgments, tables, works cited and figures (with figures being counted as approx. ½ page or 195 words).
- The first draft submitted on 7 January 2013 must be already formatted correctly according to Emerald’s guidelines.
- Each chapter must include a structured abstract: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/authors/guides/write/abstracts.htm.
- The Emerald Author Guidelines can be found at http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/ebookseries/author_guidelines.htm
- Emerald Best Practice Guidelines are at http://www.emeraldinsight.com/authors/writing/best_practice_guide.htm